The council is operated through the activities of the plenary session, standing committees and special committees, and the session of the council consists of regular sessions and special sessions. A regular session convenes twice (in July and November) every year on a regular basis for the period of up to 45 days per session, and a special session is convened at the request of the mayor of the district or at least one third of the registered members of the council within 15 days of the request. The total number of days of meetings, including both regular sessions and special sessions, is restricted to 100 days per year.
A plenary session consists of all members of the council, and the plenary session that makes final decisions on the bills and proposals of the council can be opened with the attendance of at least one-third of the registered members, and, unless otherwise specified, a decision is made by a vote of at least half of the members present when more than half of the registered members attend the meeting.
Standing committees, which consist of the Council Steering Committee, the Administration and Welfare Committee, and the Construction and Finance Committee, deliberate on or determine the matters within their jurisdiction preliminarily prior to the final deliberation at the plenary session.
※ Slide to the left.
Committee names, Membership, Jurisdiction
|Council Steering Committee
- Chief : Park Won-Seo
- Vice Chief : Kim Young-Min
- Member : Jin Sun-Mi, Bang Min-Soo, Lee One-Gug, Seo Hoe-Won, Park Hee-Ja, Lee Seung-Il, Jeong Mi-Ok
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Council Secretariat
- Matters related to the operation of the council
- Matters related to rules for meetings and various rules on operation of the council
|Administration and Welfare Committee
- Chief : Kim Yeon-Hoo
- Vice Chief : Lee Seung-Il
- Member : Jin Sun-Mi, Bang Min-Soo, Seo Hoe-Won, Je Kab-Sub, Kim Young-Min, Park Hee-Ja, Han Kyung-Hae
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Administration and Safety Bureau
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Welfare and Family Bureau
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Culture and Life Bureau
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Public Health Center
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Smart City Planning Bureau
|Construction and Finance Committee
- Chief : Kim Nam-Hyun
- Vice Chief : Jeong Mi-Ok
- Member : Park Won-Seo, Hwang Joo-Young, Shin Mu-Youn, Lee One-Gug, Yang Pyuong-Ho, Cho Dong-Tak
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Director for Audit and Inspection, the Labor Rights Center, and the Research and Planning Officer
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Planning and Economy Bureau
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Urban Management Bureau
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Construction and Traffic Bureau
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the City Management Corporation
- Matters under the jurisdiction of the Growth Strategy Development Bureau
Special committees can be established by a vote at a plenary session if needed for examining or determining special agenda items, and special committees continue to exist until the agenda items they examined are voted at a plenary session.